Monday, November 12, 2007

#17 Playing around with PBWiki

I had fun looking at how wikis are created and learning more about how they work. I can really see wikis taking a bigger and bigger part of information on the net. Interesting to see how different ones work. I registered my blog on the PBwiki Learning 2.0 and saw how many others were already registered. I have been using some wikis with some research I have been doing recently, but have found its important to know something about the topic first, so I can make a judgement about the accuracy on the wiki (like so much other stuff on the web!)
On a different topic, it was great to see when checking my bloglines that Kingston Library is the first Australian library on LibraryThing. "Now when you search on their catalogue, not only will you get all the usual titleISBN stuff, you also get tags, similar titles, and other editions. Hurrah for Kingston for being so very Library2.0! 2." Very exciting.

No comments: